Re: How do I change ximian file manager to gmc from nautilus?

> Unless I've missed something, Nautilus does not provide for direct file
> deletion, only move to trash, then delete.

Nautilus does allow for direct deletion.  You can right click the file
and delete it and now you can, I believe, press the delete key while
the file is selected.  This is in nautilus 1.0.3.  Which version are
you running?

> Also, whenever I change directory levels with Nautilus, it switches the
> view to icons ... which I HATE.  I can't figure out how to change this
> behavior.

Again, in nautilus 1.0.3, in preferences you can customize your
default view.  So you could set it to view as list.

Hope this helps...

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
jabber:  jamin jabber com
web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

"My country, right or wrong" is a thing that no patriot would think
of saying, except in a desperate case.  It is like saying "My mother,
drunk or sober."

-- G.K. Chesterton, "The Defendant"