Crash at gnome-core's panel starup

Hye

I ran into a recurent crash condition at startup of panel (cvs head). It
seems, panel crash because of failling opening /tmp/languages file for
appending. No test is performed about opening success, and the file is
subject to some kind of race condition (as it is the same file for all
panel of all users).
More I arrived in a situation where this file was more than 300k of:
START
fr
fr-ISO88 etc
etc
END
What is the purpose for this file ?
What about using a temporary name ? And testing for successfull file
opening ?
Perhaps completly remove that function (as when I remove it, panel start
without any problems) ?

Thanks for any help

--
                                     Remi Cohen-Scali
   _/_/_/   _/    _/  _/      /      Development engineer