Re: GDM Crashing/Closing

Sean Middleditch wrote:

> gdm-2.2.0-2mdk
>
> I'd update to the latest Ximian GNOME GDM package if I could, but they
> don't supply MDK 8.0 RPMs yet.  I know Mandrake is one of the least
> stable distro's, but it's what I've installed.  When Debian 2.4 comes
> out, I'm switching. ^,^

Why wait?  Switch to Potato (2.2r3) now and then just upgrade when Woody goes
stable.  I recently upgraded my box to Woody and it went really smoothly.  I didn't
have a single package break!

later,
Andy

P.S. in case you're wondering the upgrade process is simple.  Just:

    #apt-get update
    #apt-get dist-upgrade

That's it.  (You do have to edit sources.list if you want to go from stable to
unstable, but that's not needed for a vanilla upgrade ; )