ximian 1.4, xscreensaver, gdm, and LDAP problems

Downloaded the ximian version of gnome 1.4 yesterday onto my redhat
7.0 machine, and I hit troubles with xscreensaver and ldap.

Since I don't know how much ximian has modified the xscreensaver
package, I'm posting this both here and on their bugzilla page (once I
figure that out :-)).

So, both the gdm and xscreensaver pam files didn't use ldap. I changed
gdm's to:

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_console.so

which is what it was before, and now gdm is using LDAP like a champ.

As for xscreensaver, that was a bit more annoying. When things weren't working
right, it would syslog this message every two minutes when switching applets,
and when you tried to authenticate:

May  1 11:12:28 lestat xscreensaver: nss_ldap: could not get LDAP
result - Can't contact LDAP server

Changing the screensaver pam file to:

auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

seems to have fixed that.

--
 Brady Montz
 bradym balestra org