bonobo CORBA exception "COMM_FAILURE" nautilus

Any suggestions on the following?  Thanks.

On a Redhat 7.0 system, if I run nautilus as root (horror!) it works
great in web browsing mode.  As user, I get the following failure
in the console, and "Web Page can't continue" in a dialog box:

Bonobo-WARNING **: Exception on realize 'Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0''

Bonobo-WARNING **: Exception on unrealize 'Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0''

** WARNING **: A view failed. The UI will handle this with a dialog but this should be debugged.
.