Re: Can't build rpms from gnome-core-1.4.0.tar.gz

as far as i can tell, the spec file in gnome-core does something really weird with the "%configure" option, so that when it does a "make blah blah install"  it doesnt actually put the stuff in the buildroot, instead it puts it in the actual prefix!   some stuff goes into the buildroot, but thats just very few.  i dont know if this is something that happens only on 4.0.2 or all versions of rpm.  to fix it, changing it from "%configure" to something along the lines of a "./configure" usually works...  i may rebuild the spec file tommorow and post it here.