Re: Panel hangs X server on APM resume (?)

I had the same problem on my laptop and it's not the panel of gnome's
fault.  The apm system is probably affecting gnome.  I own an IBM ThinkPad
760XD and had the same thing happen to me.  I did some searching on google
and found kernel level drivers to let linux handle correctly the apm
system.  Your Toshiba might have the same problem.  Also, on my laptop, if
I have a pcmcia card in the slot when suspending, the keyboard/mouse stop
responding on wake.  My workaround for this was to call "cardctl eject" in
the suspend scripts for apmd-proxy.  Hope this info helps.  Good luck to
you!