Vertigo?

Hi,

in a couple of articles on GNOME 2.0, I found mentions of Vertigo, the
next-generation panel. There's a codename already, so I suppose
there's some code, too, or at least a rough plan. There is, however,
no 'vertigo' CVS module.

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of Vertigo code and/or fill
me in on details on what exactly this will change? I suppose it'll do
everything the old panel does; it will replace the special applet
interface with a generalised Bonobo one (controls?), however, and use
an adapter control for backward compatibility. What else is there to
be said?

Thanks,

ma"papers need a-writin'"wa
--
So being a network guru qualifies you to 'judge' all OSes, and to
predict that Linux won't work because Netscape fails on your machine?