Re: error compiling gnome-libs

sleepycat software maintains berkely db, and apparently versions higher than 2.7.7 break all this 1.85 compat business.

see: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-list/2000-October/msg00509.html

not that i have a valid opinion, but why did they make a __db185_open in major 2?  isn't one of the whole points of new majors to clear up incompatible API calls?  why not use db_open in libdb.so.1 over some new db185_open in libdb.so.2 ?

this is actually a question looking for answer.  if someone knows, i'd love to hear

-chris

icq: 24826966
phone: 206.795.4998