(no subject)

One of my RedHat 6.2 server crahsed last Friday, and now I keep getting the
following message in /var/log/messages:

init: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

I am not running gdm locally, but do need to provide X logon for terminal
clients.

Every five minutes I keep getting the following sort of message on the
console:

According to /var/run/gdm.pid, gdm was already running (5366),
but seems to have been murdered mysteriously.
"x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Can someone help me please, as I am not all that hot with all the X stuff.
It was working fine before the reboot on Friday, now it doesn't work at all.

Cheers

John
John Parsons
Network & Servers Team Leader
Surrey Satellite Technology Limited

Email: J Parsons eim surrey ac uk
Phone: 01483 879278 Ext. 3634  Mobile: 07836 248733

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this