Panrl Problem

For some reason, when I start x-windows, my panel is smack bang across the middle of my screen. I have to move it to the bottom.

The panel is an edge panel and I've resaved it ensuring the bottom panel option is picked.

When I exit X-windows, I evem save current settings but it still appears in the middle after restarting X.

Any ideas?

At present, to overcome this, I 've made the panel a floating panel and although I get a shadow of th epanel in the middle when I start X, it does finally rest at the bottom of the desktop.

Is all of this weird ......... or is it me?

TIA

-Ants.