More Gnome strangeness

I've got some more strangeness on my hands...

After exiting Netscape Navigator, a bunch of KDE icons appeared on my Gnome
screen spontaneously.  I got out of Gnome and X, and went back in, and the KDE
icons were gone.

Is this, in combination with my disappearing task bar and unvailable alternate
sessions of Gnome, sounding like a virus?  If so, how can I deal with it?
Again, I'm running Red Hat Linux 7 on an x86.  Thanks!

Matthew Hoffman