Re: PgUp/PgDown - why Shift???

> The idea is that if you allow the gnome-terminal to use the PgUp/PgDn keys
> to scroll, then they will not be available to other terminal-based
> applications such as emacs or pico. You can try it for yourself:

Of course, another approach could be to have the terminal merely
host the application's display, whether vi, emacs, bash or
whatever and not interfere with anything: Let _each_ app handle
all the keyboard IO by itself, the way the app sees fit. That
way, any functionality built into each app would be free to
function. Basically, the terminal would cease to exist when an
app was running (whcih would be all the time; the shell if
nothing else).

Unfortunately, I've not come across any terminal emulators that
do that AFAICT.

 -- Len Philpot -> len philpot org     (personal) <--
 ----------------> len philpot cleco com   (work) <--
 ------ ><> -----> http://philpot.org/      (web) <--