Re: PgUp/PgDown - why Shift???

I can live with the shift-pgup approach. What I want to do is define a key to move just
one line at a time. I can do this in xterm, but not apparently in gnome-terminal. I asked
Miguel de Icaza if this kind of thing was modifiable in gnome-terminal and he thought not
without recompiling:

HAEFNER
> > ...  Obviously someone has attached
> > the "shift-pageup" key to a gnome-terminal function (scrollback 1 page).
> > How is that done?  Is there a ".gnometerminalrc" file somewhere?

MIQUEL
> I think this is hardcoded into the Zvt widgets or the gnome-terminal
> source code.
>
> best wishes,
> Miguel.

Does any one out there know if I can define shift-uparrow to be move back one line in the
gnome-terminal buffer?

-Jim Haefner

--
James W. Haefner
Department of Biology   Email: jhaefner biology usu edu