Re: Lost of Helixgnome 1.2 panel

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 06:25:02PM -0600 or thereabouts, Jim Hill wrote:
> Earlier today I logged on as root (to do some housekeeping), and by using
> the delete key once too often to delete an applet, I managed to delete the
> gnome panel (the one that runs along the bottom of the screen that has the
> Gnome (foot) menu, quick launchers, task list, and desk guide)).
> I still have the fast access panel? along the top of the screen.
> I am using Mandrake 7.1 with the Helix Gnome 1.2
> If I log in as a user the gnome panel (along the bottom) is still there.
> How do I restore the gnome panel (along the bottom) as root?  I hope this
> does not involve a reinstall of gnome.

Laugh, no. :)

Right-click on the menu panel (the one you have at the top) and select
panel->create panel->edge panel (or whatever type you prefer).

You may have to add individual applets and launchers back onto it. I'm
not sure.

If you ever get to the stage where you delete -all- your panels, btw
(and you really have to try hard to achieve this), you can restart by
typing "panel" into a terminal. It will come back happily.

Telsa