RE: Trouble getting GNOME to work

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Matt Keyes wrote:

> Yes, I thought of the same thing.
>
> I had problems with GNOME unable to create directories, so I changed these
> permissions to reflect what you have below.
>
> However, the error seems to refer to not being able to "set mode 0700", so
> its not a permission problem as far as the home directory is concerned.

Correct - but what does 'ls -ld /home/mkeyes/.gnome_private' show?

> > Gnome-ERROR**: Could not set mode 0700 on private per-user Gnome directory
> > </home/mkeyes/.gnome_private> - aborting

-- Elliot
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar.  I feel like
I've just got to bite a cat!  I feel like if I don't bite a cat before
sundown, I'll go crazy!  But then I just take a deep breath and forget
about it.  That's what is known as real maturity.	-- Snoopy