gdm 2.2.2.1 problems

Hi,

I have noticed the following weirdness after upgrading gdm to version
2.2.2.1 (on RH 7.0, binary downloaded from Ximian): after I log out of the
gnome session I get no login dialog, just the black screen. I have to do
some random (?) keypressing (usually some Ctrl-Alt-F1s do it) and the login
dialog reappears.

I have also noticed that gdm does not want to perform a shutdown of the
machine - it just kills X and does notinhg more.

What gives ?

janusz gorycki intel com