Re: gnome-list gnome org

On 14 Jun 2001 09:00:43 -0500, Matt Keyes wrote:
> Hi!

Hi

>       I'm (almost) brand new to Linux, and, in a bold effort, am starting with
> Slackware and Debian.  I haven't moved to Debian yet, but I installed
> Slackware last night (latest version).  However, when I login and attempt to
> enter gnome-session I receive the following error:

I'm slack user and starting with slackware isn't the easiest way.
How do you login ?
I think it's in console because if you logged in from xdm/gdm/kdm, you
wouldn't have to
type gnome-session.
There are two way to solve this:
edit /etc/inittab as root and change
id:3:initdefault:
id:4:initdefault
and reboot
Else,  you should consider starting XFree first (which is what
gnome-session assumes)
so type startx.
You should also post this on slack forum which are much more appropriate
for
distribution related topics.

--
 Xavier Ordoquy, Aurora-linux
 If NT is the answer, you didn't understand the question.