Re: Installation on Debian...

Hi Laurent,
The problem with running Ximian on a Debian system is that Ximian
doesn't do a very good job of packaging.  I've had so many problems with
there packages breaking by box that I've since dropped them altogether
and now just use the the gnome stuff that the Debian project
distributes.  The really great thing (or one of them) about Debian is
that it follows a very strict packaging standard.  Ximian has a looser
more Red Hatish idea of packaging that gets them into trouble (a lot).
Don't get me wrong, Ximian writes some great software, but IMO it's
better to let a Debanist package it up for you.

later,
Andy