Re: international

> If I have a English/French Gnome interface, can I use
> Japanese/Chinese/Korean programs ?

If you mean run programs with Japanese/Chinese/Korean texts instead
of English or French, try something like this in a terminal:

  LANG=xx_XX executable-name

For instance

  LANG=it_IT gnumeric

gives me an Italian-speaking Gnumeric (looks quite fun, actually,
though it reminds me that I'm quickly forgetting the little Italian I
know :-).

I think you might encounter some trouble with fonts and input methods
with non-European languages though. Perhaps the easiest thing to do is
to create another user account and set that up for the language you
want to try.

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.dk/olau/