Re: gnome-terminal dimensions

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 01:09:38PM +0200, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> BTW. using --geometry=<size> and after this from local menu "New terminal"
> creates terminal 80x25 size (not passed <size>). IMHO it will be good add
> in setup dialog box check box for allow inherit size from current terminal
> or if not checked inherit default size (which ca be filled in command
> line --geometr switch).

I tend to agree that with the "inherit default size" one. Defaulting to
80x25 seems less than perfect. I'll look at fixing that.

The "inherit size from current terminal" one could be a nasty hack to
implement right now. There's an oddity in zvt (which is responsible for
doing all the drawing) whereby it always reports its size as the startup
size (this is why when you resize the terminal and toggle the menubar it
pops back to the original size). I'm not quite sure of the elegant way
to solve that yet, but it's being looked at.

Anyway, both your points are on my TODO list (I'm bashing away at g-t
bugs slowly at the moment), so if nobody else implements them, I'll
eventually get to them.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Quantum mechanics: the dreams stuff is made of.