Adding apps to launchers/panel doesnot work

Hi all,

since I upgradeted to sawfish-1.0 and/or xfree-4.1. (both basically at the same time) I cannot add applications to a drawer or the panel by using the middle button of the mouse. I can move the icon from desktop to the panel and then the icon shows also the +-sign, but nothing happens. The same when I move an application from desktop to or in a drawer. Adding an application from the menu via right-click -> add to panel works.

What I also observe is that the left-click menu of the root window is gone.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Klaus