Keymappings seem hosed - help!

This morning I started up Ximian Gnome 1.4 for the first time in a while.
While typing an email message I noticed that I could not type the letter
"r". Instead of the letter appearing, the icon on the task bar representing
the application I was using received focus. Upon further investigation I
noticed this also happens with the "g" key.

Can anyone help me figure out where (and how) I hosed these key bindings? Do
I need to delete my "~/.gnome" or something else to get rid of this?

Help!

thanks in advance!