Re: Most Recent version and etc

Garrett,

Thanks for the info. I am running Slackware 7.1 and I am not certain
which
version of Gnome I am using. I checked Gnome's About box but it gave me
no
version information. How can I determine which version I am running?
Would I
be better off just downloading completely new packages from the Gnome
site?

Leonard Smith

Garrett Mickelson wrote:

> Leonard,
> First off, are you running Ximian GNOME (formerly know as Helix
GNOME)?
> If you have installed a version (distribution) of Linux and have not
> downloaded Ximian GNOME then you are not running the latest. Most
> distributions have a "branded" version of GNOME, and they are not as
> quick to update them. If you have installed Ximian GNOME, then the
best
> thing to do is a little known trick called "Recreate Default Icons".
Do