Re: installing gnome

Petros,
 In order to run GNOME when you startx, you can put the following line
in the .xinitrc file in your home directory:

exec gnome-session

That should do it.  By default, GNOME uses the Sawfish window manager
but as far as specifics, I'm not a guru :)  Sawfish is a good window
manager though!

Hope that helps,
Stephen