Re: User Listing

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 09:20:28PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > I have a query about the 'User Listing' app (gw). On right click
> > there are some default actions, "talk, write & ytalk". Can someone
> > tell me exactly what these are supposed to do.
>
> I think gw is one of those apps that could get spring-cleaned out of
> GNOME, it's one of the oldest apps we have, and pretty darn
> useless. ;-)

Do people today even know what talk, ytalk, and write are exactly?  In
the graphical world, write's not very useful.  It and talk/ntalk/ytalk
have gone the way of the dino with the advent of instant messaging systems
featuring real-time communication modules.  The only disadvantage is the
sorry state of text-based access to these IM systems, but that too is
improving and is of little relevance to Gnome anyway.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd debian org>                Free software developer

In fact.. based on this model of what the NSA is and isn't... many of the
people reading this are members of the NSA... /. is afterall 'News for
Nerds'.

NSA MONDAY MORNING {at the coffee machine):
NSA AGENT 1: Hey guys, did you check out slashdot over the weekend?
    AGENT 2: No, I was installing Mandrake 6.1 and I coulnd't get the darn
             ppp connection up..
    AGENT 1: Well check it out... they're on to us.
        -- Chris Moyer <cdmoyer starmail com>