Re: GNOME Screen savers????

The version numbers of distributions are useless to compare between distributers.

A Red Hat 7.0 has no relation whatever to a SUSE 7.0 or a Slackware 7.0.
What really counts is the versions of the kernel, libraries and various
applications.
It is a common misconception that a Slackware version 7.0 will be somehow older
or inferior to a Red Hat say 7.1

Because of this msconception, many distriuters decided to try and make their
version numbers more like others. That is in many cases they look for the highest
number in current use and make their latest greatest some higher number.

What you should be looking at are the versions on the Gnome apps and window
manager (they're probably something like 1.2.X or 0.3.0 or whatever). Then try to
get a higher version that reports the problem as fixed.

John