Re: fonts in gmc

Happy New Year, everyone!

Same here:

Using SuSE 7.0 with XFree 3.3.6 (if I remember correctly, but definitely
not using XFree 4.x):
all strings under the gmc icons are left-justified; the strings are fully
justified only during a file rename operation using single click on the
icon text (i.e., letters are spread out over the text area under the icon).

This happens with both the SuSE 7.0 GNOME _AND_ with the Helix GNOME
distribution for SuSE 7.0; it doesn't happen with icon text labels from
other environments (KDE 1 or 2 or with icons from mwm, fvwm2).

Cezar

>Not sure this is in the correct list but what the heck.
>
>I'm running Mandrake 7.2 with XFree 4.0.1 and the text beneath icons in GMC
>and the desktop are all funny. Basically it looks like this:
>
>[icon]
>this
>is
>
>This is certainly not just a problem on my machine. If you look at the
>screenshot on RedHat on version 7, they seem to have the same problem. Also,
>I used to run RedHat 6.1 with GNOME and fonts were okay until I upgraded to
>XFree 4.0. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

Cezar M. Tigaret, MD, Ph.D.
Research Fellow,
LMP/Department of Pharmacology,
University College London,