sawfish/gnome problem

I've got sawfish 0.37.3 installed on my system. For the last couple of
weeks, I have been unable to configure sawfish through the gnome
control-center. Whenever I click on a selection under the
sawfish-window-manager, gnome control-center locks up. I have to kill it
to close it. Control-center works for everything else though. I have
uninstalled sawfish, uninstalled gnome-control-center and reinstalled but
it still is doing the same thing.  Any suggestions anyone?  Are there any
settings or files that I should erase so it can rebuild when I start X
again?

Also my screensavers aren't working either. I just get a blank screen. The
previews for the screensavers work just not the real thing.