Re: dependency problems

David,

The dependencies come from the RPMs & RPM uses a database to keep track
of all of the RPMs you've installed on your system.  If you didn't
install guile from RPM, the RPM database won't think it's installed &
give you that error.  If you're positive it's installed and that it's
installed in the proper location, you can force RPM to install the
package like so:

rpm -ivh packagename.rpm --force

hth,

    Steve