Re: viruses on GNOME?

Hello

The main reasons of why you're clicking on the link in your
wormed-mail are :

- First the attached finename was annakournikova.jpg.vbs.. The second
  extension is printed with windoz(r)(c)(tm)(f)(z) and Outlook(...).
  So you see annakournikova.jpg.. And it seems not so dangerous.. I
  think gnome should not make the same error and print the real name
  with all suffixes.

- If the realname was annakournikova.jpg and if it was a vb script,
  won't the "file" command give you the truth ? I hope if people know
  about the real nature of the file, they wont bastardly click on it.
  If, despite of all, they click we may give them some warning or
  advice like "dont do that it's dangerous..".. Maybe some analyzer to
  tell user if the script will do bad things could be helpfull

Am i wrong ?

  Dams

--
	 Dams Nadé