sawfish on gnome startup

I just installed gnome on my macintosh powerbook running yellowdog linux,
and I cannot seem to get sawfish to start if I use gnomes x start
client(gpd or something like that), so if I want to set my runlevel to 5,
it wont start sawfish. I checked if the default.wm files pointed to the
right path, and after I did that I found that I could start it with
startx, and can get sawfish to start with it, but not the gnome session
manager. I'm sure it is just a matter of setting the right path to
sawfish, but I don't know where I would do that. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.