Re: Off topic, horrible problem!!!!

> Michael Weichert wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Windows to work better with Wine today. The problem is, Windows over wrote the MBR - and now I can't boot Linux. I tried the Redhat 7 Rescue disk, but the error 1x10 came up.....and they say Linux is a curse????
>
> I will really appreciate any help on this.
>
> Thanks,
> MwWizard

I am not an expert on the subject, but here are a few ideas:

  - Build another linux boot disk from another computer.  You may even be able to build one
    from MS-Window.  There are some Linux distribution that fits in 1.44Megs and which
    images are availabe.  Thus, you just "burn" the image on the disquette and boot from
    it.

  - There are some tools running on windows that permits reading extfs2.  Thus, you could
    access files from there.  It would not help you booting into Linux, but if you
    are in great need to access some files, this is a solution.  Surf the net for such
    tools.

Sincerely,
Hans Deragon