panel crash

Hi

Sorry if this is repeated, I've tried to look at the archives but bugs.gnome.org
seems to be down??

I've built gnome on a sparc 5 solaris 2.6 using binaries on

http://www.lug.calpoly.edu/~bkurotsu/gnome-solaris.html

All looks good, (although not as good as the helix install I built previouly on
an ultra 5 solaris 2.7) The only problem is there is no panel, when I try to
invoke it with panel, I get the following errors

[toms cantona]$ panel

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `BasePWidget'

** WARNING **: unknown panel type

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1132: assertion `object != NULL' failed.

Has anybody seen this before??

Also can I use the helix install with solaris 2.6 and 8?? I know that it says
solaris 2.7, but has anybody had any luck with the other versions of solaris/
sparc/ultrasparc.

Thanks in advance.

Tom