Re: Nautilus problem...

On 01 Feb 2001 21:02:03 +1300, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> > Nautilus wouldn't run - so I unistalled it, and then reinstalled it. Now,
> > everthing works
>
> Sounds like you installed some winblows software...    Serious, this is
> not a troll.
>
> I installed the latest release on redhat 7, it does not go, but gave me
> a message suggesting
> that it might work if I reboot my PC!
>
> Whats going in with the eazel folks?  One of the reasons I switched from
> windows was the whole reboot/reinstall crap...

I agree. I think the reason they suggest that is so that you don't have
to su to root and kill all oafd processies and such... It really should
be fixed, though. No unix software should make such silly suggestions.
If they want to be easy to use I'd think they could offer to kill oafd
for the user if the user gives the rood password... Rebooting is so....
2000 ;-)

--Ben