Re: Keyboard mouse equiv?

On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 16:34, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> IS there any way in Gnome or X to fake a mouse with the keyboard?
>
> For example, on the amiga I could hold down a couple of keys and use the
> arrow keys to move the pointer, and other keys to represend the mouse
> buttons.
>
> IS this possible yet?

It sure is--and has been for years. The only problem is that it's a
window-mamager issue, so there's no uniformity. I had the necessary
configuration options set in FVWM2 like so:

# Press [SHIFT][CTRL][CRSR] to move the pointer by 1% of a page
Key Left        A       SC      CursorMove -1  +0
Key Right       A       SC      CursorMove +1  +0
Key Up          A       SC      CursorMove +0  -1
Key Down        A       SC      CursorMove +0  +1

# Press [SHIFT][ALT][CRSR] to move the pointer by 10% of a page
Key Left        A       SM      CursorMove -10  +0
Key Right       A       SM      CursorMove +10  +0
Key Up          A       SM      CursorMove +0  -10
Key Down        A       SM      CursorMove +0  +10

If you're using sawfish, you'll need to edit your global bindings to map
the move-cursor-down/left/right/up and
move-cursor-down/left/right/up-fine functions to the appropriate keys.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with other WMs, since I haven't bothered
to configure the others at this level of detail.

HTH

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel yahoo com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063

Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.