Re: xwindow manager does not support gnome?

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, Michael Fothergill wrote:

> Dear Gnomes,
>
> I am running Red Hat 7.1 using X86Free and it works fine as root.  But when
> I run as a user it fires up and then says the version of gnome I using does
> not support gnome.  That seems puzzling because I thought they were supposed
> to be compatible.
>
> What has gone wrong?
>
> I can supply output if anyone would like to see it.

	This happens 'cause your page app is launched before the window
manager comes up. To avoid this you have to open the session management
capplet in the control center and increase your window managers
launch-priority (e.g. decrease the priority-number).

Ciao,
Mathias
--
WWW:           http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~hasselma/
PGP/GnuPG:     1024-Bit DSA: ID 55E572F3, 1024-Bit RSA: ID EAAF7CF1