Re: gnome-terminal

single click and backwards drag works fine. it's the double click (which does
word selection) that acts differently. double click and dragging will to
selection by word, either forward or backwards. In an Xterm, this action
includes the initially clicked word, in both directions. in gnome-terminal in
the reverse case it does not include the initial word.

-Greg

On 21-Dec-01 John P Verel wrote:
> Not sure I understand your question.  If I click and drag from the end
> of .doc to the beginning of /home, middle click pastes the full line on
> my gnome terminal.  I just fiddled with xterm and see no difference...at
> least within vim.
>
> John
> On 12/20/01, 05:32:02PM +0800, Gregory Hosler wrote:
>> I note that when I have a gnome-terminal and I start highlighting text, if I
>> highlight a word from right to left, it does not capture the rightmost
>> clicked
>> piece of text.
>>
>> for example If I have the following text in a gnome-termial:
>>
>>         /home/nms/REL8.1/doc/FuncSpec/E8.1_SIS_Colormap_PA1.doc
>>
>> and double click on Colormap, and drag the mouse to the left, the final
>> copy/paste will not include Colormap (in a normal XTerm, it will).
>>
>> Is this a bug or a feature?
>>
>> -Greg
>>
>> ----------------------------------
>> E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <gregory hosler eno ericsson se>
>> Date: 20-Dec-01
>> Time: 17:31:35
>>
>>    You can release software that's good, software that's inexpensive, or
>>    software that's available on time.  You can usually release software
>>    that has 2 of these 3 attributes -- but not all 3.

> --
> John P. Verel
> Living Proof That Low Tech Beats High Tech!

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <gregory hosler eno ericsson se>
Date: 21-Dec-01
Time: 10:10:29

     then each of us still has one object.
     then each of us now has two ideas.