Re: Gnome locks frequently / disable acceleration

I don't have any acceleration and or 3d support in this configuration, at
least as I understand it.  It sure won't play the games that require it..<g>
I've been trying to enable it by going to the NVidia drivers but have given
up for the time being.

Only 24/day apparently.  Ian.

On December 16, 2001 08:48 am, you wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Try disabling hardware acceleration on X server, if applicable and
> you have not yet tried it. And try disabling sound card.
> It makes X much more sleepy, but has helped me time-to-time.
> Also scan the net a bit (google?) about you video card/Linux support
> - often you may find some configs that work.
>
> If you can identify buggy driver, you may want to report bug to
> XFree86 or kernel (OSS or Alsa) people. But if you want it to be of any
> use, you probably have to be mad about technical details. I.e.
> write down chip numbers of both affecting device AND motherboard,
> include /proc/pci output etc. etc. - if it is known/fixed bug, they can
> easily throw your message away, for unknown bugs any bit of info can
> give a hint ;-)
>
> Best wishes,
> Lauris Kaplinski
>
> On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 02:00, Ian T. wrote:
> > Hi all.
> > 	I've been watching for fix for this as well.  I'd love to run Gnome as
it
> > has features I really like.  However I can't run it reliably because of
these
> > lockups.
> > 	I can't do anything but to hit the reset button on the power.
ctrl+alt+bksp