Re: Can't shutdown processes

telinit 0 halts the system.
smb is NOT running.  I have to start it to access shares.

I had the system crash a while ago and it hasn't been shutting down proper.
When I boot everything seems to come up okay, no errors or failures.  But
when I shutdown I get failures because these processes I guess really didn't
start.  It's confusing because everything "looks" okay when I boot, but the
processes that are listed "ok" on boot aren't actually running.

There must be over a dozen processes that don't shut down proper (I assume
because they never start).

If this is the case then why aren't they starting?

Thanx,
Jeff