Re: Installing Gnome 1.4: Internet and Floppy Drive

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 18:58, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> I installed Gnome from S.u.S.E. 7.3 and found that (1) I could not find any e-mail or news
> applications and (2) I could not find an icon for the (LS120) floppy drive (which is listed
> in my fstab file).
>
> How do I find the applications and instructions on their use?

For news, use Pan. For mail, use Balsa or Evolution. Or you can use
Mozilla for both mail and news. I'm sure the applications are on the
CDs, but I don't really know suse.

> How do I set up an icon for mounting and unmounting the floppy drive?

Do you see any icons at all on the desktop? If not, try installing and
running Nautilus. Once Nautilus is running, right-click on the desktop
and select the floppy in the "Disks" submenu.

--
   Håvard

mailto:havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||73 52 55
76
All it takes to start an avalanche is a single snowflake||Or a
snowboarder
        Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrapé un Fraggle!