KDE or Gnome won't come up.

Hi,

I was playing a DVD on my computer the other night and it locked up my system while I was fooling around with the controls (obviously found a bug).

I attempted to back out of KDE to the login prompt but just got a black screen.

I couldn't switch to any other terminal to shut down the system so I simple reset it.

Now the window interface won't come up at all.

I attempted to start it with "startx" but I get a font server error in the log and dumped back to the console.

Any ideas what's up?

Thanx in advance,
Jeff Cobb