Re : Gnome File Mangers?

On 2001.12.07 13:18 Joshua Hansen wrote:

> > Agreed.  Personally, I don't really like Nautilus at all, but it's
> > better than GMC imho, so it's what I use.  Nautilus just doesn't
> > seem to "fit" with the rest of GNOME, feels weird.  ^,^  But that's
me.

> Yeah. Gnome has this... look. It's hard to explain but I like it. This
> does raise another question: Are GMC and Nautilus the only two choices
> out there for Gnome file managers? I'm sure there are more but I like
> asking what someone has used, liked and tested before just scouring
> Freshmeat for stuff.
>
> I know Nautilus is gonna get better as Mozilla gets better and when
> they finish in the features department they can move onto the
performance
> department. However it isn't cutting it for my NOT REALLY SUPER FAST
> computer at the moment.

I realize this is the Gnome list and all that, but if you're looking for
a fast file handler, check out www.unixtree.org. This is the first *NIX
port of XTree that really measures up. In fact, I think the original
product was indeed the 'real, official' XTree for Unix.

I've seen lots of clones that fall _way_ short, but this one's really
pretty good.

|  Len Philpot       ><>         http://philpot.org/  |
|  len philpot org     len_philpot hotmail com (alt)  |