GnomeCanvas problem (in stable)

Hi all,

I'm developing a project at the moment using GnomeCanvas.  When I use
the anti-aliased mode, creating items aren't displayed immediately.  I
have to either swap desktops and back (force a complete refresh) or
scroll to the right (I have the canvas embedded in a GtkScrolledWindow).

When I take out the _aa it appears to work fine (appear instantly).  Is
this a known bug or are there any workarounds?  I tried adding a
gnome_canvas_update_now() but that didn't seem to work.
gnome_canvas_request_redraw() does, however the documentation warns me
against it.

What's my best options? (:

--

Best Regards,

| Trevor Nichols                                 |     trevor ocdi org |
| Software Engineer,                             |                     |
| Computer & Network Services                    | http://www.ocdi.org |