Re: redcarpet problem

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 15:55, Jordi Castells wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have ximiam 1.4 installed into suse 7.2 system:
>
> I think I have a problem with my ximiam instalation, I try to check if I
> have all packages installed properly using redcarpet (archive/verify
> instalation) option and it shows a lot of packages that must be removed
> (I think that all ximian utilities like abiword and others)

redcarpet is checking that your rpm database is ok. It verifies the
integrity of your database, like for example that all the dependencies
are meet.

> Is there other way to check that my ximiam instalation is ok?, what
> hapens if I leave redcarpet to remove all packages that it request? can
> I install it again?

Yes, you can install everything again after removing it and you will end
up with a sane database. But make sure you are aware of what it is
removing.

regards,
Chema