Re: Please shut up or answer this: how to unsubscribe

Neil Cooler wrote:
Heh, I am a mailman owner of over 200 lists, and about 50k users.  We
used to use monthly password reminders and suddenly i'd get 5k messages
from lusers aol com like:

TAKE ME OFF YOURE [sic] LIST.  I DO NOT WISH TO RECIEVE [sic] YOUR
NEWSLETTER ANYMORE.  IF YOU SEND ME ANYMORE INFORMATION TO MY INTERNET I
WILL CONTACT AOL AND HAVE YOU REMOVED FROM THE INTERNET AND WILL CALL MY
LAWYER.

--LUSER

Basically, no matter how simple the list is to use, people are still too
lazy/ignorant/whatever to figure it out.

You might have been frightened by such a threat ... AOL being the INTERNET administrator :-)
Really an astonishing message !
This is a kind of DoS

--neil