Re: BitchX in gnome-terminal

On 21 Aug 2001 02:01:16 -0700, Patrick Lane wrote:
> Is there any way to get bitchx to display properly in gnome-terminal?
> I'd like to actually see the ascii art, not a load of jibberish. Does
> anyone have any suggestions?

Actually the ascii art works just fine. It's the ansi art that doesn't
work on normal non-ibmpc fonts. The solution is to get the vga font
(vga.pcf or vga.bdf). If you set this as the g-t font, the ansi will
display fine. As a side effect, you'll lose all non us characters (åäöó
etc.). I think you can get this font from x.themes.org, but google.com
will probably find it easily.

--
Ville Pätsi -- drc gnome org