From: Michael Weichert
To: gnome-list gnome org
Sent: 8/16/01 12:10 PM
Subject: I'm pissed off, now....

Hi,

I have always used Mandrake 8, but since it lacks Ximian support - I
switched to Redhat 7.1. I like it, except for this one thing. MY
INTERNET CONNECTION!!! rp3 just sucks, and so I'm forced to use kppp -
even though I'm using GNOME. Anyways, in Mandrake I had to add the
argument "novj" to make kppp work properly (I could connect fine, but
activity would only last for a minute or so. My connection would stay
connected, but there wasn't any activity) . Now, I've having the same
problem with Redhat - except that even with "novj" I can only do
something with my connection that will only take minute or so...

Please, I have emailed several lists - and no response. I don't want to
have to use windows any more, I love using Linux and I don't want to
have to stop using linux because of this ennoyance.

Thanks in advance, look forward to hearing from anyone who thinks they
can help....

Michael