Re: Evolution and Procmail- can they work together?

Jamin Philip Gray wrote:

Because it's important to have a good integrated filtering solution
rather than a half-assed hacked up fork()/exec() of procmail. Not to
mention, can we really be able to expect the average computer user to
`man procmail` to write some simple filtering rules? No.

Agreed.  But can Evolution's filtering system do everything procmail
can, or at least most?  For example, I've been trying to figure out
how to do the following:

:0
*^From:.*(someone somewhere\ com|another address\ com|etc etc\ com)
/var/mail/jamin
:0:
junk

In other words, I have a list of "trusted email addresses".  If a mail
is from someone in that list, it'll get delivered to my inbox,
otherwise, it'll go to my junk folder.  This is the last recipe in my
.procmailrc.

Any idea how I could to that in Evo?

-jamin

More importantly, procmail is client independent. It kind of sucks when you temporarily switch clients only to have the new client dump 800+ pending emails unfiltered into your inbox. (I suppose you could implement a "refilter inbox" command, or better yet, "apply filter[s] to <folder[s]>".)

T.

--
Timothy H. Keitt
Department of Ecology and Evolution