Re: The future of gnome-pim - and Balsa, too?

Hello Again!

> addressbook: I think we can all see why this is needed, yes?

As an external, docakble app/applet yes...

> calendar: this isn't generally needed by a single-user at home, but for
> an office this feature is very useful. It allows people to schedule
> meetings with each other and remind them of important dates/times/etc
> via email - the most common form of communication over a network.

As an external, dockable app/applet, so that it can talk to the calender server
I use (not a predefined one!)

> Would you prefer we emulate what? CDE? Yea, I can just picture Joe
> Computer User using CDE as their desktop. Riiiight.

I would prefer none emulated system... take the best bids (bits) of everything
and not emulate an entire system because it have success at the moment (based
on other things than design...)

- Mads "Mazzachre" Randstoft